WOW! That was not what I expecting. At first I was thinking - oh here we go again. Another bash of what my generation is coming to be. Another negative video and then BAMMM, she reversed it. I had to pause for a minute to make sure that nothing changed. The wording was still the same forwards and backwards.
I am speechless. A little caught off guard. I watched it 3 times to make sure I got the message. Not only did this change my point of view, but showed me how EASY it is to do the opposite on a flip. Literally, she was negative, and then flip, she was positive and reversing the text. It was Genius! By going positive, she then reversed the message, which then reverses the outcome.
And that's what change is, its finding the positive. Reversing the negative, and thus reversing the outcome. I absolutely enjoyed it.
It was visually simple. Easily comprehendable.
I felt the same way she did. Yes, right now I am working. Yes, right now it is important. But if there was something going on in my family - not even a question, I would be there. Once I start my own family, I will have saved enough that I can and will put them first. I do like a quick fix, but sometimes that quick fix, lets me do something more important that is positive. I still know what patience is. I still enjoy the journey of getting somewhere, just sometimes want it to be a fast, short one. I don't think we are lost, i think we are looking at things from all angles before making a move. Weighing in the options, learning from others mistakes. Taking our time. We are getting married later, we are having kids later - we are looking at the more permanent. I think, we will have a less divorce rate, yet we will be more independent. We are a more stimulated generation. Technology did that. Constantly moving, changing, deciding.
I am environmentally conscious, and I truly believe that my generation is going that way. Look at friends for change. Look at the research. We are being forced to reverse the effects of our ancestors, and we will. I believe in people, and I believe that they are good. I believe in my generation, most importantly I believe in myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment