As I was enjoying the commercials with Justin Long - I am so over this mac vs pc business. I have used both, mac was good when I was photo editing, but I use pc because it is what I learned to use and I am comfortable with it.
The ONLY reason I would make an argument is if I needed a system to do a certain job, especially if my income depended on it. I have seen and read many arguments, and looked at the pros and cons of each system. In the end, its just a marketing technique. Mac and PC want to battle - they want it to be forever on the minds of consumers. The more you "hear" of something, the more inclined you are to consider a purchase. The more commercials, the more publicity, the greater the desire. You get a celebrity on TV, such as youthful icon Justin Long and you just sold a Mac to every fan. It's smart, because consumers do not even realize they are joining the debate. They do not realize they are the targets, joke is on them. Not a very good joke, as both products are dependable and can be pricey.
My boyfriend is now a Mac fanatic, and yet he has NEVER owned a mac or even used one aside from the occasional click at the apple store. Every time a mac is on TV - whether it be a commercial or an actor using one, he pokes me saying -" look - look - APPPPLE!" I don't have the heart to show him the very short leash he has just been put on. Now, he doesn't even have to say anything, he just pokes me. I don't even bother to look up or acknowledge it anymore - I get the message.
I own an ipod, and yet I use a dell. Both compatible with each other. I have had very few issues with my dell and I imagine there are issue with apple - although, most mac users refuse to admit it.
To the video - I am a very big transformer fan. I was absolutely impressed with the graphics, and thought the plot to be entertaining. Did it sell me to dump my dell and buy a Mac - absolutely not.
Do I believe one is better than the other, no and I wont bother to waste my time playing the "his horse is bigger" game. Apple is a brand, just like a pair jeans. Some fit better on others. Some are faithful to what they have always known. Some do not care. Some like to show off new styles, stay with the trends. Me. I am comfortable. Like a good sleek look, the brand doesn't matter much. For right now, I need to get the jobs done. When I can take the time to explore a new fit, I am sure, if my boyfriend has anything to do with it - I will have access to both systems.
I use a PC. Does not MAKE me a PC. Makes me a consumer who chose a brand, is loyal to the brand and is happy with the brand.
No comments:
Post a Comment