Hm. It is interesting that I watch this video soon after having a conversation at work when one of our computers crashed and we were scrambling to get it fixed. With the medical field relying on technology more and more each day - we panicked when we lost the appointment schedule, patient charts etc. Thankfully - I work for a Doctor who considers himself to be of dinosaur age and we do both paper and computer charting and print the schedule the night before.
But it made us all realize how much we use technology. I cant remember the last time I actually had a personal phone conversation on my cell phone. Okay - that might be an exaggeration as my mother does not know how to text and I spoke to her on Sunday. But aside from her, including my dad who is an avid texter, I spend most my time texting as opposed to actually talking.
As to the education references - I agree that what I learned my freshman year in anatomy changed by my third year - but it wasn't really a change but rather an enhancement or extension to what we already knew. I don't believe there will be many instances where we have to go back and say ooops - we were wrong - except for research - it's always wrong accompanied by a few facts and hopeful assumptions.
Awe - myspace. Dont actually have an account, but take a look at facebook and I am there. Social networking has expanded and is now on the business route for advertising. Infact, both my employers have facebook accounts for future clients and patients to browse. Internet Dating - not a participant, but I know friends that do because they have outgrown the college days and its hard to meet a decent partner at a bar or night club.
I shocked by the data China released for conception - in fact, I would like to see the source the author of the video got his information from. Reason I question, is last I heard, China had a limit on children and there is an ever growing demand of girls needing adopting because every family wants a boy to carry the family name. That would require some more research. I am also shocked by the small number the US has for births - I believe its because of the economy and marriage happening much later in life or not at all.
About the future and our technology (I think I watched a video incorporating that thought at the beginning of this term) - I look forward to the future. Seems many are afraid of change and the future - but I like the idea of just having a "future." Sure, I dont know what the future holds for me, but I'd like to think its bigger and better than I could ever imagine. Take a look at our older generations - they are on overload with the changes but I dont think they would complain about computers, internet, the ease of travel and banking and the ability to keep in touch with friends and family in ways that they could never have dreamed possible.
I say - bring on the future of technology. I believe in people and I believe that they have morals, I don't believe that there will ever be an "AI" where the world is taken over by computers. Mother nature still rules this planet as God intended it to be- and we humans like to think we are in control but she will balance herself out.
Overall - entertaining. I loved how he used the music at the end to match what would be a racing heartbeat and the author attempts to scare the viewer about the future! Classic scare tactic.
No comments:
Post a Comment