First, I can not thanks Ms. Kling enough for these amazing musical mixes that we have been watching. Until this term I have never utilized You Tube that often - for good reason. Once I start I cant stop watching. Hip Hop Violins was one of those videos that cost me 3 hours of sleep.
I had to keep looking for more!
I am in love with string instruments, I always have been. The Cello and violin are my favorite for the deep sound a cello can make like a bounding heart beat, to a sweet soothing sound a violin can make. I just recently saw Zac Brown on South Beach and would marry his fiddler - he is outstanding and melts my heart. I am going to the Transiberian Orchestra concert in December because of my love for Christmas music and string instruments and its nothing but extreme guitars among others.
This video was awesome, but - I found an artist that I cant seem to get enough of thanks to this video. On the side bar You Tube offers related videos, and to feed my yearning for more - I continued to watch more. Once I reached Josh Vietta - well it was game over. I had to watch every video, go to his website, google more music and videos. I would drive cross country to find him on the streets playing the violin if I could. Again, wasted 3 hours playing on the computer when I should have been sleeping.
Even as I write this blog I have him playing in the background. It has always been a dream to learn a string instrument but my fingers are too small for the keyboard of a piano and my mother has forgotten the fundamentals of the violin as she only played it in high school. I know I will one day learn, right now its all science and nursing.
It fascinates me how far violins have come - once a member of the just the orchestra - now its incorporated into some of the most played songs today. I laugh when I think of my cello obsessions as a child. The first time I found a song with the cello was when Hanson (yes, the all boy, brother band, my age Jonas Brothers) had their first album released and Yearbook was on there. There's a cello solo that resembles a heart beat while Taylor sings a solo - I continued to hit rewind a dozen times. Today, the song Secrets has an amazing violin part and I turn it up every time it plays.
I am keeping an eye out for Josh's performances and albums - he is crafty, a genius, my heart melts with each note - - haha sounds like a NY times review, but its not a lie!
In reference to the video I did watch, the young guy is very talented - has an album and from the other videos I watched - he sings too.
Just WOW!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment